- Infuses Energy
- Improves Digestion
- Develops Mental Focus
- Induces Better Sleep
- Help Regulate Normal Cholesterol Levels
- Elevates sexual function
- Helps Digestion
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Cleans and Detoxifies Your Body
- Assists with Muscle Contraction and Regeneration
- and, Provides Very Low Sugar Content
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Acai is very rich in anthocyanin, an antioxidant that helps to fight cholesterol and free radicals. Have you ever heard that a glass of red wine everyday is good for the heart? This is because of the anthocyanin in the grape. It is not by accident that the color of the acai is similar to the color of wine, although acai has thirty-three times more anthocyanin than grapes.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Apart from giving you that warm feeling on the inside and reminding you of Fall, slowly creeping into Winter. Cinnamon has a few surprising health benefits!
- Cinnamon regulates blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemics alike. That’s also great news for anyone who wants stable energy levels and moods
- It reduces LDL cholesterol levels. LDL is also known as the harmful cholesterol. Reducing it may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It has natural anti-infective compounds. In studies, cinnamon has been effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens.
- It reduces pain linked to arthritis. Cinnamon has been shown in studies at the Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam Korean Hospital, to reduce cytokines linked to arthritic pain.
- Research at the University of Texas, published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer, shows that cinnamon may reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, holding promise for cancer prevention and sufferers of the disease.
- It is a natural food preservative.
- It contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese—albeit small amounts to the typical dose of ground cinnamon.
- It’s been proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility. Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
- Cinnamon holds promise for various neurodegenerative diseases, including: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumor, and meningitis, according to research at the Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas. Their research shows that cinnamon reduces chronic inflammation linked with these neurological disorders.
- Not a health benefit, but a great reason to love cinnamon, it’s versatile. It works with sweet and savory dishes alike. Consider that many curries and savory Moroccan dishes include cinnamon.
It’s not just for apples anymore.
Monday, October 8, 2012
Matcha Green TeaMatcha green tea leaves are whisked with water and consumed in their entirety, unlike regular green teas where the most nutritious tea leaves are taken out of the water upon brewing. Thus, by virtue of literally "eating" the whole tea leaves, Matcha green tea delivers the highest concentration of green tea fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals compared to all other mainstream beverages. To add to this, Matcha green tea also contains high amounts of Theanines, a unique set of amino acids found almost exclusively in green tea. In conjunction with the tea caffeine theophylline, the two naturally occurring ingredients are thought to work together to help provide mental clarity and energy.
- Infuses energy, natural caffeine
- Slows the aging process
- Fights cancer-causing free radicals
- Helps prevent heart disease
- Boosts your immune system
Try it at Fresh Cafe!
We offer our Matcha Green Tea Smoothies as well as the tea itself. So whether you feel like having something hot or cold, we've got you covered!
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Get the choice you crave this summer with our all-new Build-Your-Own-Salads.
Put on your chef's hat and create a concotion customized to your unique tastes. Choose from the ingredients below and top with our exquisite house made Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing.
Base: romaine, spinach, kale
Toppings: mandarins, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, green peppers, red onion, avocado, chick peas
Seeds/Nuts: hemp, almonds, pumpkin seeds
Meat/Substitute: chicken, turkey, meatless Chicken (Gardein)
It's an extraordinary health experience unlike any you've ever tasted - only at FRESH - Healthy Cafe
Friday, August 24, 2012
Andrew won the Bicycle Draw
for the month of June.
Andrew is a regular that came in every day in hopes to win the draw this month and did it!
Stay tuned for this months draw. You could be next!!
All you have to do is stop by the store and make a purchase, it's that easy!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Lemon is a true superfood, loaded with health benefits. It fights infection, lowers blood pressure, contributes to improving your cholesterol and aids in digestion.
It also whitens the
and gives the skin a healthy glow - perfect for those shiny summer days! Add some zest to your summer with our new Cirtus Smoothies!